Tuesday, August 7, 2007

New things Mac



First new thing...We finally did it. Drew and I let Mac cry himself to sleep. I know most of you are thinking we are a little late on doing it, and we are but it's not as easy and it seems. Drew and I both hate when Mac cries but we also hated the long bed time ritual we went through to get Mac to sleep every night. So last week we let him cry. The first night he cried for an hour, the next night - half an hour and the third night only ten minutes. It doesn't go smoothly every night but it's a work in progress.

2nd new thing. We just went to his 9 month check up and Mac was 24 lbs 9 oz and 31.5 inches tall. Everything looked great.

3rd new thing. While we were in Utah. Katie would sing a verse of a song to Mac and wave her arms and then stop and say," your turn." In return Mac would wave his arms and babble and then stop and wait for Katie to continue. This went on for a while. Really cute. It has now become a daily ritual. thanks Katie.

4th new thing. Some not so cute things, Mac has started biting and throwing tantrums. I have bruises on my shoulders and legs from where Mac has bit me. He thinks it's so funny. I was not ready for the tantrums. I thought he would be older before he started throwing his head back and arching his back. Oh well.


5th new thing. Mac is walking along furniture. If there is something he wants to get to he moves pretty fast.



*Just a quick note. Mac is still not crawling. Just scooting around on his stomach. So stubborn.

5 comments:

Marissa said...

Mac gets cuter every time I see him! He's grown up so fast though! I've heard that some babies skip crawling all together and start walking. Maybe that will be Mac :)

Tiffany said...

oh mac is so cute!! i cant believe i've only seen him once, and it was at church and he was only 6 weeks and not even awake so that doesn't really count! im so happy you found my blog, i always ask cheryl jackson about you so i was so excited to hear from you! its been such a busy spring and summer but now things are finally settling down...it looks like you guys had so much fun in europe, i so wish i were there. we need to get together soon! go to the pool or something...!

Craig and Jessica Smith said...

Mac is so big! Last time we saw him was at Christmas. Time goes by way too fast. Pretty soon he will be talking and walking. Enjoy every minute! I wish I would have with Blake. I kind of wished him to get bigger fast and now I would give anything to have him be that little again. There is something special about your first baby.

luke & sammy said...

Me and Luke never let Jack cry it out either-heck he still sleeps in our room in his bassinett he is to big for, so don't feel bad about waiting to long! We are in Kansas now and just trying to get moved in-it sucks! I am sure I'll have plenty of time now to do pretty much nothing so I am sure we will talk! Hope everything is going well- by the way it was lots of fun to see you when you were in Utah!

J & A said...

Ashlee, This is Ashley. Mac is so cute!! He looks so much like your family. I can't believe how old he's gotten since I saw him last December. I totally don't mind that you checked out my blog--I always look at yours, being a blog stalker and all. Do you mind if I add your blog to my link list? Let me know. So sad by the way that you won't be able to come to the reunion.