Wednesday, October 3, 2007

I love straws!

The past two months I have been trying to wean Mac. Well not totally wean him just cut back a little. He took a bottle for four days and then out of no where wouldn't have anything to do with it. I finally got to the point that I was just helping him drink with a normal cup during the day. Then he got sick and dehydrated so I stopped the weaning process for the time being.

On my birthday Drew took me out to dinner. While there, Mac decided to drink out of a straw!! I was so excited, I saw the light at the end of the tunnel. Now it's almost been two weeks and he still drinks out of a straw. I walk around putting straws in everything.

I know it doesn't seem like a big deal but it felt like I would be nursing Mac until he was ready to go to kindergarten. Can you imagine?

7 comments:

Unknown said...

love the picture. he is so cute! keep up the good work. you are doing great!

Blaine and Jaimee Blood said...

My sister always told me "you have to teach your kids how to drink out of a straw as soon as possible!" I understand why she said that because it IS a happy day when they do! Way to go Mac--you're the man.

Amberlin Gefrom said...

Your kid is so cute! How are you? Its good to see what you have been up to!

Cheryl said...

Mac is so cute and getting so big! I love when they learn how to use straws. Hopefully it cuts the backwash in 1/2. Hopefully!

Tiffany said...

oh he is so cute! when brandens mom was here a few weeks ago we were at a restaurant and she held the straw in front of savannah and after a few tries she had it down! i was amazed at how quickly they learn; although the ice water did frighten her a bit! we should get together sometime soon since we both live here.. i cant leave my number but you can email me at tiffanyrosenhan@yahoo.com we can go to keeneland or something fun! hope your doing well!

Karrissa Winward said...

that is awesome! McKinley still can't figure out the straw thing!

us... said...

That is so funny! How old is Mac? When should I start the straw process?