Monday, November 26, 2007

Thanksgiving and More

Happy belated Thanksgiving. Wednesday I started cooking and I was really excited to try out some new recipes. Everything was great except for the rolls. Lets just say something didn't work because they looked like rolled up tortillas, I think the yeast was bad. Drew tried to comfort me by saying, "What did you expect, it was your first time making it." See, the first time I make anything it usually doesn't turn out. We had a good laugh and the rolls were the butt of most of the jokes during dinner. Anyway, we spent Thanksgiving with some friends in our ward. The food was great but the company was better. All in all it was a great day.

Last week Mac came down with a cold and it's only gotten worst. Now Drew and I have it so right now we are all home miserable. Got to love the cold season. Four months until the first of Spring!

All day I have been wiping Mac's nose so he decided to wipe mine. It was pretty cute but kind of annoying, now I know how he must feel.


Drew took our car Friday to get the transmission checked. Turned out we needed a new transmission. Ouch!! Not good timing with Christmas coming up. After talking to the head of the Honda dealership they told us that Honda was willing to pay for 75% of the repairs and they might pay all of it. We didn't think they would because our car is a 2002 (6 years old) and we bought it 3 years ago as is. Well, we got a call today saying that Honda is going to pay 100% of the new transmission!! I think we can mark this down as a tithing blessing.

9 comments:

Karrissa Winward said...

I love that picture of you two! That is so awesome about your car, don't you just love things like that!!

Marissa said...

Sorry you guys all have a cold :( That's a bummer... feel better soon!! Glad to hear you had a good Thanksgiving and that your transmission was paid for. What a blessing!

Kimberly said...

Hey Ashlee (and Drew), good to hear that things are going well (for the most part) for you guys. Mac sure is a cute boy! Sorry that you are sick though. Are you guys coming to Idaho for Christmas or Utah?

luke & sammy said...

I am glad that you had a good Thanksgiving, I tried to bake too, it is frustrating to not have your mom to do all that for you! i guess it is time for us to start trying though. I feel like I am always wiping Jacks nose too, it sucks!

Cheryl said...

Sorry you gave got the bug too. It's just going around. But Mac is the best and cutest nose wipper ever. So cute!

Glad you had a great Thanksgiving. I have yeast issues too. I was very happy when Jonni took over for our meal, otherwise we would have had Pillsbury breadsticks. No joke.

And so happy about your car. Blessing indeed!

Scott and Stef said...

Hey Ashlee! I'm glad to find your page! This is so much fun! I love being able to keep in touch and this is so easy! Mac is getting so big! You have such a cute family! That is so cool about your car!

us... said...

We came down with the same stuff, it is gross. I just talked to your mom at the timpanogos basketball game....she said you are not coming home:( That is so sad. I was looking forward to getting together sometime when you had gotten back. Hopefully I will see you when you are here over Christmas.

Amber Marcum said...

so cute!! i love the pic of Mac making out with himself! :) That is awesome to hear about your car! So, you need to blog about your news!! :) Love ya!

us... said...

Your parents also told me about some other things but I have not seen anything posted yet about it so I will not be saying anything but...........You will have to let me know?????