Monday, May 5, 2008

Congrats Grad!!!!

Friday was the big Day, Drew graduated from Law school. I can't tell you how fast three years have gone by. All his hard work paid off and now he has a Juris Doctor degree.

Wednesday night both Drew's parents and my parents flew in to help celebrate our big weekend. Thursday we went to the zoo (see next post). Friday was graduation. The whole thing was perfect. The speakers were entertaining and we all couldn't help but tear up when all the law students walked out. It was a proud moment for us all. They had all the parents stand up and then the grandparents, spouses/partners and kids. They congratulated all of us as well. It was a memorable night.

Drew, we are so proud of you and love you so much!!! Congratulations, you did it!
It was nice of Julie and her son Craig to come. We love the Floyd family.
We were worried that Mac would get bored during the ceremony and scream but he did really well. He was the best clapper there and entertained himself by sniffing and wiping his nose. He's such a goof ball.Drew in the crowd of law students with Eric Smith behind him and Travis Little in front of him. They were just missing Shawn Garner. The 4 LDS law students.
All the law students I could fit in the picture. There were 165 law students that graduated. I had to throw this picture in. This is me, Drew and Jed, three years ago at his BYU graduation. We had only been married 3 months; I was 21 and Drew was 22. We were so young! A lot has changed in three years.

22 comments:

Jaimee Blood said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Eric and Jenny said...

Congratulations you guys! It was a really great ceremony, I was surprised at how much I enjoyed the speakers. Good luck with the bar Drew, I am sure you will do great!

Jaimee Blood said...

Way to go Drew! And you deserve a Congratulations too Ashlee! I was sobbing when Blaine walked across the stage at his graduation! Drew--Blaine wants you to come play the Wii so you better so he quits bugging me. Just kidding. Have fun studying for the Bar Drew.

Karrissa Winward said...

That is so exciting!! Congrats!

Melissa said...

Congratulations! That is an awesome accomplishment!

Kate said...

Congrats you guys! I can't believe that you guys are already done! How exciting!

luke & sammy said...

Those 3 years flew by, hopefully the next 2 will for us! It is nice to see there is a end especially right now during finals. Congrats Drew!

Danielle and Fam said...

CONGRADUATIONS!!!
Good job drew boy!
We knew you could do it! Ha HA

angela said...

Congrats Drew! Ashlee, remember how in your BYU picture you look the same as you do now!?! Lucky CUTE girl.

J & A said...

Oh my word! Congratulations to you both! I'm so happy for you. Now you're off to start being official grown-ups. Maybe someday Johna and I will be done with graduate school and be grown-ups too. Way to go!

jenni kaufusi said...

Congrates drew. Ash it was so nice talking to you on my birhtday. Hope everything is going well with the baby. Looks like you guys had tonz of fun with the family. you look good1

Scott and Stef said...

Yay! I bet it is so nice to be done! Congrats!

Skye said...

Congrats!! ASH and DREW! what an accomplishment, thats so awesome!

Anonymous said...

Congrats. I'm glad you're staying here and you better find a house next to us!

Katie Blacker said...

Congrats Drew! That is a big deal! And, congrats to you Ashlee for making it through. You guys know how much we love you. It's hard to imagine that someday we'll be in that same boat (except dental school of course). And maybe, just maybe, we'll score as many blog friends as you.

P.s. That pic of mac with the tissue makes me melt. What a doll.

Roo said...

I am so glad you made one, did you find the boneing ok? I need to see a picture of the fabric. I thought it was a life saver in Hawaii

Cheryl said...

WOO HOO! Congrats to Drew and you too Ashlee. Graduation is a family affair and we wives helped them through so I think we deserve a bit of credit too.

It was fun to see both sets of parents sitting next to you at church. I LOVE when family comes out to visit.

Congrats again! Now it's off to study for the dreaded bar. No sweat for someone as smart as Drew!

Cheryl said...

PS You both exactly the same as three years ago. So fun to see you now and then.

jenni kaufusi said...

happy mothers day love ya

Kristen said...

Congrats guys!! That is awesome. You did it! Bring on the paychecks! ;)

Tiffany said...

congratulations to all three, almost four of you! that is so exciting! i love the before and after pictures, that is too cute!

Andrea G. said...

So I'm a bit late on the congratulations, but all the same... we're so excited for you guys! That's such a relief and so fun to be moving onto the next phase. Way to go, both of YOU!!!