Sunday, May 10, 2009

New Fireplace

When I said we put them to work I really meant it. We haven't liked our fireplace and we knew it would be expensive to pay someone to replace it, so we waited until Beej came to visit and totally used his expertise. Here's the before picture(black, square, marble tiles)...

The project ended up being a bigger mess than expected but isn't it usually:)

the after...

We love it!!! we just need to do one more layer of paint on the mantle and it will be perfect. Thanks beej and jed for working so hard on it. We owe you guys!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have taste and skills!

Jaimee Blood said...

Wow--that looks great! I love that picture you have of the temple above the mantle. I'll have to come see it in person soon!!!

Marissa said...

Oooooooh! I love it! Definitely an upgrade.

Jen Rutter said...

I wish I had brother in laws who were handy, we were not blessed in that area. It looks great!