Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Time

It's raining outside! It's cold and wet and it's making me dread winter. One positive thing about winter...my baby will be born. It hit me she'll be here in a short 10 weeks. Not only is her birth quickly approaching but so is Thanksgiving-my family is coming, a quick trip to Utah and Christmas. This is a busy time of year and my list of things to do is long but I can't seem to focus on anything but my new camera.

I hate spending money, i have issues. I'm cheap, super cheap. So buying a big purchase like a camera about killed me. Since I have bought it I have had guilt. Guilt that I'm not using my camera to it's fullest abilities. Guilt that I bought "too much camera"and therefore spent too much money. So even though I have a million things to do, I seem to forget about them and only worry about being able to take decent pictures by the time this little girl comes.
Today instead of working on Christmas gifts or cleaning my gross bathroom, I tried taking pictures in low light rooms without using a flash. G was more than happy to be my model.


Oh and I made my first skirt for baby girl...

9 comments:

Marissa Noe said...

That skirt is ADORABLE!!! You could sell those! I want one for Joselyn! No but really- new camera? DO SHARE!!

Eric and Jenny said...

I have that same problem, sometimes I spent WAY too much time doping around with my camera, one of these days I want to take a photography class. I am just too chickent to actually sign up for one.

The skirt is darling, I can't wait for you to have a girl!

Amberlin Gefrom said...

That skirt is really cute, I swear everyone knows how to sew but me...sew what I guess! :-) Super cute, don't feel guilty about the camera..its going to capture so many moments you can NOT put a price on..seriously, down the road you won't regreat it. Um I want that skirt in my size? haha. Ohh matching headband too! okay now i am blabbing

Lora said...

The skirt is darling! Your pictures look great, if that helps any. And I hate that moment when you realize the baby will be here soon and you feel like you have so much to do.

Tiffany said...

i still can't believe you're having a girl! i wish i was there to see her! and that skirt is so beautiful! i know how you feel about the camera, you're inspiring me to finally learn how to use a setting besides automatic!

Rita said...

Awesome skirt, handsome boy, great pictures! Thanks for sharing!

Cheryl said...

You silly girl. Stop worrying about that camera. You used your other one until it would not take another shot and you'll use this one for years to come. I think I need some of your shoppers guilt. It just never gets me. :)

Gray is quite the looker and model!

I LOVE the skirt. That little baby is going to look darling in it. Before the Breeder's Cup today I thought if Zenyatta won, you could name your girl that and call her Zeny. Okay, not really but it made me laugh. Especially since she's name after a Police album. One of my favorite groups ever!

Wishing Zenyatta could have pulled it off. She lost by a nose! Painful!

Ten weeks. I can't believe it. With all the holidays coming, you'll have a little bundle of pink before you know it. I can't wait.

jenni kaufusi said...

love the skirt for baby girl!

Michelle said...

Hello cuteness!! That skirt is amazing! I wish we lived closer so you could teach me how to sew stuff! Your girl is going to be the best dressed little baby ever!