Thursday, January 13, 2011

She's here!!!

Name: Annie Lynne Millar
Birth date:1-11-11
weight: 8 lbs 6 oz
length: 21.5 inches

If you want the gory details read on....

Monday my mom flew in. We ate a great dinner as a family and then Drew and I said our goodbyes and we left to the hospital to be induced. We got to our room, changed, settled in, watched some football game. It's funny, for some reason while I'm in labor Drew picks what we watch. With Mac it was football, and with Gray it was the French open. It's ok inbetween timeouts I got to watch "Dan in real life." Since I was still dilated to a 3, I was put on a low pitocin drip overnight. When I woke up I was dilated to a 5.

7:00am: doctor broke my water, upped the pitocin a little. I was determined to do my part in getting me to progress. I walked around and bounced on the yoga ball.
9:00am: my mom showed up
10:00am: dilated to a 7. Got a little anxious to have this baby out and told the nurse to up the pitocin
10:30 am: hard, really hard contractions. regretted my decision to up pitocin-moved to the bed
11:00am: pain but manageable. Turned off the tv and I stopped talking all together.
11:20 am: continual pain. Nurse prepped the room for delivery
11:37 am: told the nurse I needed to push
11:40 am: started pushing without doctor. finally felt some releif to the pain.
11:40-11:46 am: my body took over and I pushed until I broke a blood vessel in my eye, while the amazing doctor turned posterior baby
11:47 am: one last push and I finally got to hold my baby girl

totally exausted but feeling pure joy

It was so great having my mom in the delivery room. With the boys' births Drew and I decided we wanted it to be just us, but for some reason, for Annie's we both wanted my mom there. Because I was planning on doing the delivery naturally we were all a little nervous-especially my mom. We all knew if I couldn't hold it together, there was no way my mom was going to be able to. But I promised the minute I was mean or started yelling-crying, I would get an epidural. Turned out the delivery could not have gone smoother and I kept my end of the deal. I'm so glad Drew and I could share this experience with her! Something none of us will ever forget.

Every time the boys came to visit it got a little crazy. Mac was a nervous wreck, asking every so often if the doctor was going to give me or the baby a shot and Gray made himself at home...
First family photo. Baby Annie only 8 hrs old

Getting ready to go home...

We love this little girl so much! As you can see, she looks so much like Mac but there are some differences. She has lots of blonde hair, a much smaller size head -2 inches to be exact:). Blue eyes and little tiny ears. She's such a good baby. Loves to nurse and rarely cries- we are hoping this good behavior continues:)

29 comments:

NanaBabs said...

We are so excited! She's beautiful and so are you Ashlee, thanks for bringing her into the world safely and into such a great family!

Rach, Mike, Allie and Hadley said...

I am so glad that all went well and that you now have a little girl in your arms. Congratulations!

katie and beej said...

Dear Annie,
We love you so much already and can't wait to meet you. You have a beautiful name to match a beautiful little spirit. Thank you for joining our family!
Love: Uncle Beej, Aunt Katie and your soon to be BFF's Emma and Ellie:)

Amanda Duke said...

Congratulations! We seriously considered the name Annie for awhile but it's a no go since Annie Duke is a famous poker player. Your little Annie is super cute!

Marianne said...

Congratulations! What a beautiful little addition to your darling family.

Marissa said...

ooooooh! She is sooo cute! As expected. GREAT job! Can't believe you did that all naturally- and to push and have her out in 7 minutes? You're my hero. Love the name Annie! Congrats again! (and what a great birthday!)

Leigh Hadlock said...

She looks so cute! Congrats! And what a cool birthday!

angela said...

You have a girl!!!!!! Hooray!!!!!!

Lora said...

She is so darling!!!! Great job Ashley!!!! I can't wait to meet her!

Aunt Amy said...

She does look like Mac a bit. So cute. She just fits right in, don't you think? Love you all, Aunt Amy

Erin said...

Ashlee, she's adorable! Seriously, so sweet! And you are amazing for doing all that naturally! Hope your recovery is going well and that your boys are taking great care of you two. Congratulations!

Angela said...

What a sweet girl!! I love first family picture. Congrats!!!!

Jacklyn said...

Ash where do I begin...Love the name, Love her going home outfit, love the "lighting" you got for the pictures, love the family pic, love that Mac has been scarred by TLC, Love that you have a sweet little girl and Love her, can't wait to meet her!

Jacklyn said...

oh yah how could I forget, Love her birthday

Roo said...

love the update

The Valentines said...

Wow Ash. You are my hero. What a beautiful little baby girl you have. Congrats. I'm so excited for you!

John and Erin said...

You rock Ashlee!!!! She is adorable, just like the rest of your little family!!! Congratulations!!!

Judy and KC said...

Congratulations to you all! What a darling little girl. I am so happy all went well.

(Congratulations to grandma and grandpa too!)

Jen Rutter said...

She is beautiful! I love all of that hair! Congrats to you and you little family!

Eric and Jenny said...

Congratulations Millar family! She is a little beauty of course just like her mommy.

Family picture of five is darling, poor little Mac worried about shots, that is so cute. Hope you are doing well Ashlee sorry about the blood vessel in your eye, crazy!

Enjoy that little sweetheart.

Craig and Jessica Smith said...

Congratulations! She is beautiful!

Michelle said...

You are my hero Ash! That is amazing you had adorable little Annie naturally! Congratulations!!! I can't wait to see more pictures, she is so sweet!

Jessica said...

Congrats! she is so cute!

Joy said...

Congratulations! What a sweet baby! I'm so glad it all went well. You are super woman! Take it easy and enjoy your sweet little family!

tara said...

Congrats Ash! Annie is so beautiful! best wishes to your adorable family

Katie said...

Congrats you guys! She's adorable and I can't believe you did it all natural WITH pitocin! Way to go girl! Hope it's still going smoothly.

Karrissa Winward said...

Yeah Ashlee and Drew!!! I am so excited for you! Congratulations, she is absolutely adorable and so precious!

Cheryl said...

What a trooper you are to go natural! It's not easy, at all! Thankfully it is all a blurred memory now.

I love her name. It's perfect.

Love the shots of the family. So fun to get some pink in there!

Congrats!

S. and A. Millar said...

She is precious! Congrats!