Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Us

Sunday... have I mentioned Drew got a new calling. Well, last December he did. I thought that this new calling would free him up. Maybe get to sit with me and the kids during church more. Nope, this calling has taken him away most Sundays and added a couple more meetings a week. It has been an adjustment but I think we are getting the hang of things. The last 2 weeks Drew has been able to go to church with us which means he could assist with taking Annie's pictures....Growing up I had a pink room and my mom would make me dress in pink clothes and I wanted none of it. I told her when I had a girl I would never, never dress her in pink. Funny how things change...
The rest of the day I sat outside watching Gray dig in the dirt- church clothes and all. Have I mentioned that Gray no longer wants to be called G. The other day he informed me that his name is Gray not G. and when he talks about himself he talks in 3rd person. "Gray wants that" and when he wakes up in the morning he yells "Mom, look who's awake, it's Gray!" But this hasn't stopped us from calling him G or GG.
The other night I went to check on Mac and found him asleep. Nothing sweeter than a sleeping child.
Monday a friend came over to show us her new dog! Isn't he adorable! It almost made me like dogs :)...
The boys kept asking me to take their picture. This one was my favorite- Gray with a nervous face and Mac doing- I have no idea what he was doing but in every picture he was holding the broom and making that face.

8 comments:

Jacklyn said...

When "G" was over the other day Lily said come on GG and he just looked at her "My name is Gray" haha cute kid and I happen to love pink and love Annie in it!

Roo said...

I can't wait to see Annie. she is getting so big.

katie and beej said...

Love it and heaven's knows that EVERY girl needs some pink:)

Cheryl said...

Oh those buys crack me up all the time. Sad that Gray isn't wanting and nicknames right now. Hopefully it's just a stage. I laughed because we call Zach just Z half of the time. Made me think how sad I would be if he said to stop it.

The pictures of Annie are beautiful! Great job.

And that puppy! I am no dog lover, but there is something about puppies that makes me forget (at least for a few minutes). Is the dog the Grigg's?

I'll be thinking of you on Saturday and our fun Derby party last year. So many great memories of Lexington.

Miss you!

Cheryl said...

Those boys.... (had the phone on auto correct. Sorry.)

Lora said...

Annie is a doll. I love the picture of G. Nice framing job! And Mac just cracks me up!

Rita said...

Sure love your beautiful children!

Eric and Jenny said...

I love this post, so many things made me smile. First little Annie and her sweet little dress, oh goodness she's cute. Then I love the look who's awake, comment too cute. Funny that he doesn't like his nickname anymore. But my favorite is Mac all cuddled up in bed, how sweet he looks awfully cozy in there.