Monday, May 9, 2011

the weekend

Friday night we spent apart. The boys went camping while the girls went shopping.
Can I tell you how much I love saying that?!

It was the annual fathers and sons camp out and this year Drew decided to brave the cold and actually "camp" through the night. I haven't' seen the boys this exited about anything in a long time. Mac and G had their backpacks on hours before Drew came home from work. As they drove off, Mac nervously said "Mom, you can come. Is mom coming?" I asked Mac what his favorite thing about camping was and he said "the breakfast- sausage and sunny D and playing games." He's definitely Drew's son! G's favorite thing was sleeping in the red tent. Despite the cold night they had a blast!
The boys woke up in the middle of the night and jumped in bed with Drew- love this picture!
Saturday we went to a Derby party. There were hats, "betting" and lots of yummy food!I spent way too much time making Annie's hat but she looked pretty dang cute!

4 comments:

Cheryl said...

Jealous of your fun Derby Party! I am dying over Annie's hat. It's darling! So fun to see so many wonderful people in your pictures.

Great job Drew camping with the boys! What a trooper. I'm sure there's a lifetime of more to come.

I miss you! We'll have to come down soon and catch up. I'm running out of days!!!

Roo said...

YOu look BEAUTIFUL in that mothers day picture. beautiful.

Aunt Amy said...

Great hats! Can't wait to see you all --

Rita said...

It is pretty fun to split up for fun, I'm glad you have the chance with a daughter now. Loved the hats!