Tuesday, March 6, 2012

SNOW

We have had the warmest winter ever! Most days in the 40's and we've had a couple of days in the 60's. In fact one of those days was Friday, you know the day we were stuck inside preparing ourselves for the tornadoes . Fortunately, Lexington wasn't hit but tornadoes caused major damage an hour south, East and north of us. It's been quite the weekend for poor Kentucky.

We woke up Monday to 4 inches of snow and it was a beautiful, peaceful sight. Annie was super thoughtful and woke me up at 5:00am. We spent the morning watching the snow fall and baking bread and when I took Annie outside, she just giggled. Who doesn't love snow?!
The snow was dry and perfect packing snow- which never happens here! We built "COCO" the snowman and his cat. After an hour the boys were ready to come in...
The snow is quickly melting and it should be back in the 60's by tomorrow!

5 comments:

Rita said...

We've finally had some snow here too, and it is almost fun. Especially since it melts quickly and doesn't cause problems for driving! Loved the pictures!

Aunt Amy said...

Poor Gray, he looks so cold. Amazing how they can go from fun to no fun in just a short period of time. It was 73 here yesterday and snowed this morning. Glad you avoided the tornadoes. Love to all,

Eric and Jenny said...

I heard about all the crazy weather you guys have been having. Isn't it funny how even after three years of living in Utah I still feel like I need to watch the Kentucky weather just so I am in the know!

Glad you are all safe and sound there!

Cheryl said...

Oh. My. Goodness! That last picture had my laughing so hard!! Sweet Gray. Love all the pictures Ash. They look great!

Tiffany Rosenhan and I got together this morning here at my house and all that was missing was YOU and your cute kiddos! I miss you!

We just hope a trip to Utah is in your future soon. Or a trip to KY for us. One can dream, right?!

I have my C-A-T-S, Cats, Cats, Cats going all the way to an NCAA championship. How great to play in Louisville for the first round. Amazing. (and I sported my 'Ashley Judd' t-shirt on Saturday while they played. Gotta give some big blue love here in Utah!)

We miss you guys!!

Angela said...

That last pic of Grey is a classic. It was the best snow day ever!!