Monday, October 1, 2012

Millarathon 2012

 I recently got the pictures for the millarathon that happened back in July. I didn't take my camera but luckily Katie did. Let's see... We started the weekend off with the opening ceremonies. Each individual family did a routine. Highlights  were Annie and Peter's Arabian night dance and Maggie and Joes "ode to Justin Beeber" dance. our family did a simple slow dance that the kids and I could do:) Nothing exciting.


 

Through out the days we had activities and competitions planned. One that I dominated in was "gold fish catching" I think I caught 12 in one minute before I went the closest one was 5? I think. I might not be the fasted or the most athletic but I can catch fish with my bare hands:)


Swimming, with more races and shoot offs...
 
Minute to win it games...
Javelin throw. Highlight was Drew throwing the javelin right into the tent, I might have peed my pants just a little.
At the end of the day we would do a metal count and flag ceremony.


We fished...

Annie and Maren Jane (Jed's baby girl)


Launching Rockets, I think this was the kids favorite thing we did.

While we were distracted with the rockets, Annie finished off everyone's drinks.

Grandma Davis and Aunt Amy drove down from Nampa to spend time with all of us. And grandpa Bryce was able to come down too. I love that my kids get to see them as much as they do. I love family and I love these times where us and the kids get to bond with other members of the the family! Can't wait for the millar reunion next year!

5 comments:

Roo said...

looks incredible as usual.

Angela said...

Awesome!! Can I come next year? :) The last 2 pics of Annie are priceless. Love that girl!

Rita said...

Yeah, wasn't it fun? Love you!

Aunt Amy said...

Hope we can do it again next year! We had a really good time! Miss you all --

Lora said...

Oh how fun! No wonder Drew is such a fun guy, it runs all over his family! Anne is such a cute little thing!