Monday, March 17, 2008

Medieval Times


I'm sure you can tell that I'm doing some catch up blogging. Three weeks ago our ward had a party. The theme was Medieval Times. The ward was divided into four kingdoms. We were in the red kingdom. Everyone either dressed up in costume or wore the kingdom's color. I opted for the second while Drew and Mac wore red tunics I made, or should I say cut. It was so easy but they turned out cute. The night went like this...Dinner - fried chicken, bread, grapes, potato wedges and deserts, all eaten with our hands (medieval style). Parade - all the kingdoms walked around getting judged. Mac was adorable. As we were walking around he was attempting to shoot his arrows at the people passing. I guess the Judges agreed with me because they gave Mac 2nd place for best costume. When they announced his name, Mac just stood up and clapped for himself. It was pretty funny. Then we had games. All the kingdoms got into it so it was really entertaining. I honestly was a little leery about the whole night but it ended up being a blast.

3 comments:

Karrissa Winward said...

That is such a fun, interesting idea for a ward party! Mac and Drew looked great, I am super impressed with your costume making skills!

Unknown said...

Soooo cute!

Cheryl said...

It was a great night and Mac looked darling. He totally deserved his award! Very clever costumes.