Monday, April 7, 2008

Spring has Sprung!!

This weekend was perfect. The weather was great (I have a horrible sun burn to prove it) and conference was fantastic. I love, love conference weekend. We are so blessed to live at a time when it's possible that every member of the church around the world is able to hear the same message at the same time.
Mac is totally boycotting the camera. All I wanted was a picture of Mac in a beautiful blossomed tree and he would not cooperate. So Drew just lifted him up in front of the tree while Mac screamed.

These are my favorite pictures. Sunday morning we woke up to no rain! I'm sure all of you have heard about the storms that have been hitting the Midwest; well it's been crazy wet. Since the forecast on Sunday was 68 with no chance of rain and conference didn't start until noon; we headed to the park. Mac was having a blast playing with Drew.
Tonight our friends invited us to go the park with them and while we were there we ran into another family in our ward and their 2 dogs. The only thing that made Mac smile were the dogs. He got more shots today and has been grumpy to say the least. At 18 months Mac weighs 32 lbs and is 35 inches tall and is perfectly healthy:). It's hard to believe that he started out at 8.7 lbs and 21.5 inches long.

9 comments:

Lo said...

Ashley! It is so fun to see your blog! I am so excited for your little boy coming up! KC and I got your blogspot from your mom and dad - it will be fun to keep up on eachother this way. We hope all continues to go well for you guys in Kentucky!
Our Blog is kclaurajohnston.blogspot.com

Lo

Eric and Jenny said...

The weather has definitely been gorgeous, it will be hard to go back to rain tommorow. That picture of Mac in the cherry blossoms is still cute even if he wasn't cooperating, he is such a cute boy!

Marissa said...

Wasn't it perfect though? I loved it. Conference WAS wonderful and there were some really good talks. I especially liked the second to last one by Elder Ballard. It was a little hard to pay attention to part of it because of Jos, but I look forward to listening to all of them all over again over the next few weeks/months/whatever.

Anonymous said...

Hey we made it on to your blog as "the friends" sweet!!

Skye said...

I love this time of year! and getting a sunburn in 68 degree weather is just part of it! Drews school is winding down tell him congrats! With law school almost behind you and almost two kids and i heard you are going to buy a home... you guys really are lucky in Kentucky!

Cheryl said...

The weather has been so lovely lately. I just can't get enough of the flowering trees. I stop and take pictures of them while I'm driving. I bet everyone thinks I'm a total nut.

Thank you for all the photos of Easter you sent to me. Love your camera.

See you on Sunday!

jenni kaufusi said...

i have a favor to ask of you. your mom made this chicken and swiss cheese dish for my mom the other night. do you think you could get the recipe for me? it was so good i was going to ask her for it but now i'm in new jersey. so i thought you could get it for me.

Amber Marcum said...

Girl, okay, it's been long enough...play date this week!! I'll call you tomorrow. :)

Liz Szilagyi said...

Hey Ashley, this is Liz (Liz's friend from USU). I saw your cite on Michelle's page and thought I'd have a look. Your little boy is so cute, and I love your hair. You look just as young as the last time I saw you. Motherhood treats you well. My husband is doing his first year of law school, I'm jealous that you guys are just about done.