Thursday, June 19, 2008

Gray is Here!

Our internet is finally up and running, now I can write down the events that led up to Grays birth before I forget them.

We closed on our house Friday. That night, us and some friends started to clean the extremely dirty new house. Saturday we had painters come in while Drew and I finished cleaning and started unpacking some boxes. Me and Mac called it a night at11:00 while Drew stayed until 1:00am. When he got home I wasn't feeling great and was having some contractions. So I stayed up and cleaned the house, did laundry and took a bath. By 2:30am the contractions were two minutes apart and my water started leaking. We called our friend to come over and watch Mac and then we left to the hospital.
When we got to the hospital the nurse checked me and I was dilated to a 7.5. I was excited that I was on my way but nervous I was not going to get that epidural. The contractions started coming faster and harder. 45 minutes later the nurse checked me again and I was dilated to a 9. She said, "you must have a high pain tolerance most women are screaming at this point, do you want to have it natural?" I just looked at her and said, "no, I'm in so much pain but I'm not going to scream or cry can you just get me an epidural." Call me a wimp but if I have a choice to feel pain or not to feel pain, I choose the latter.
After doing paperwork and getting my blood drawn I finally got an epidural which pretty much stopped me from dilating for an hour. At 6:35 the doctor showed up and I started pushing. Gray's heart rate was dropping so they used the vacuum to make the process go faster. After 9 pushes Gray was born with the cord around his neck. It was a little scary seeing him blue but seconds after they untangled him he was pink and crying.
Everything has gone by so fast. I can't believe he's already five days old. He has been such a great, easy baby. We went to the doctor today and he is already at 8.1 lbs and is healthy and nursing well. It's been so great having a new baby in our home again!
Luckily my mom and brother Scotty are in town helping us move in. They have been working nonstop, unpacking, cleaning, taking care of Mac and everything else. I don't know what we would do without their help.
Mac is doing surprisingly well. He loves giving Gray kisses and hugs. We have been finding Mac wiping his toys bottoms and trying to feed the baby his food. He loves having Gray around.The other night I woke up and had both Mac and Gray in bed with us. We are getting little sleep but love our new family of four.

He already needs a hair cut

Grandma McAllister


Two cute brothers that already act and look so different.




He has the most beautiful blue eyes!

24 comments:

bartonbeat said...

congratulations! what a beautiful baby boy, with oodles of dark hair. and you look so pretty in your post-pushing pictures! i hope your unpacking with a new baby goes smoothly.

luke & sammy said...

I am so glad that you put more pictures on, he is such a doll! I cannot believe his hair, it is to die for! Glad you are doing well!

us... said...

Ashlee he is so Beautiful! I am glad to hear that it went so well! I love the hair...Oh I cannot wait for a new little one:] keep us posted!

Marissa said...

I can't believe just how cute Gray is! I really need to come meet him in person!

Unknown said...

Ashlee, congratulations! And Gray is the sweetest baby I've ever seen!

Eric and Jenny said...

He is so darling, I just love all of that dark hair! I am so glad everything went well, and you are all home and getting settled in with Gray and the new house.

Karrissa Winward said...

Oh Ash and Drew, he is absolutely adorable! That was such a fast labor and delivery, awesome!! I am in love with his dark hair. Good luck with everything! Give me a call sometime!

tara said...

Oh Gray is so cute! I just need to come out and visit..Ü Way to go Ash

Kate said...

Oh my gosh, he is so cute! I can not believe you have 2 little ones, what a lucky lady! Congrats!

jenni kaufusi said...

he is so beautiful in the new pictures. You look great too love ya.

Danielle and Fam said...

OH he is SOOO CUTE...I can't believe you were moving and delivering all in the same weekend. That would kill me off!
You are a hero!

Trevor and Brooke said...

He is so darling! I can't believe all you have going on - a lot to handle and you seem to be doing so great. Can't wait to see more pictures of the baby and the new house. Congrats!!

Andrea G. said...

Wow! Check out that hair. Jonas is still bald at 8 months... Could Grey share the love a little? :) You guys look great and baby Gray is adoreable. Hope all the adjusting goes well... new house, new kiddo, and all that stuff. We love you guys!

Amber Marcum said...

Congrats Ashlee...great way to get out of packing...go into labor. :) Love the name Grey! (I totally thought of Meridith!:)) Can't wait to come see the new baby and house!! Love you!

Jaimee Blood said...

So glad we got to meet Gray! Hope your getting settled in. Can't wait to see the house when we get home.

The Reynolds Family said...

Ash, he keeps getting cuter! Holy smokes!!--Love the alligator and dinosaur sleepers!!:) Adam and I are anxious to come visit! We'll wait till company leaves and then were totally there!:)Start thinking of what I can do you for you and the boys to help out after your mom leaves. Love ya!

Skye said...

He looks like a McAllister! so cute!

The Nortons said...

Ash and Drew. Hi it's Kylee and Eddie Norton. I talked to Nat the other day and she told me you had had the baby so I just wanted to say congrats!.

He is darling!

Cheryl said...

He's is seriously so BEAUTIFUL! Really. Some babies are cute, but he's is one handsome man.

I think he looks so different than Mac. It's fun to see the differences between them.

You look amazing. It was so fun to see your mom and brother at church on Sunday. I could tell they were related to you!

Enjoy that new baby and I hope you get some rest now and then!!

luke & sammy said...

enough about Gray, lets see the new house!

admin said...

Grey is one of the cutest newborns I've ever seen!! CONGRATS! I love love all his hair! We closed on our house on the same day as you guys! CONGRATS on that too! I can't imagine doing all of that moving huge and pregnant and then with 2 babies! You are amazing! Hopefully we'll get to see you guys sometime SOON!
Love, Natalie

admin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tim and Lara said...

Hey Ashlee! what a cute baby you have! Well Two cute babies now! and you look way too good in those pics to have just had a baby! Anyway, I have a blog now and I'm a blog stalker so I'd love to keep up with you!

Scott and Stef said...

Oh he is so cute! Congrats! I love your new house too! I cannot believe you two are done with school and starting real life!