Thursday, June 26, 2008

a HUGE thanks!

My mom and Scotty left Tuesday and we are missing them. Here's a little of what they did... clean, take care of Mac, paint, organize, cook, laundry, bathe Mac and Gray, plant a garden, grocery shop, decorate, stay up with Gray until late hours of the night so I could sleep, and Scott even woke up with Mac (the list can go on and on). But the thing I'm missing most is just having them here, it was so fun to have them all to ourselves for eight days. Thanks for everything you two did we couldn't have had a baby and moved into a new house all the same week if it wasn't for you two!

A special thanks to Drew. He has been amazing as well. Monday before my Mom and Scott came and I was in the hospital he and some ward members(we have the best ward) moved us in. He has been working nonstop trying to get things put together. Love you!

Here's some pictures of the past week....

There's a pond down the street from our house. Mac loved feeding the ducks.
Best buds. Mac walked around the house saying Scott, Scott all day. It was fun to hear him say it the first time but I'm sure Scotty got so sick of it.

Mac loved Scott pushing him on the swing everyday. The higher the better.

Gray's first bath. He was not a fan.
Gray is getting so chubby. I think he's starting to look a little more like Mac.
Mac is obsessed with gas (farts and burps). Scotty was pretending to burp and Mac could not stop giggling. Boys will be boys.
The owners before us painted one of the rooms black. So naturally it was the first room we repainted. When I say "we" I mean I watched while Scott and Drew painted. Mac thought he was a huge help. The color looks gross here but after three coats it turned out great.Pictures of the house...
We have not got everything where it needs to be in the family room but you can get the point. We are still repainting the bedrooms so more pictures will come as we finish the rooms.

The outside of the house. If you look closely at the door you can see Mac screaming. Something he did a lot yesterday. He's really missing Grandma and Scott. Also notice the flower pots on the porch. My mom insisted on having them, she said it makes the house look happy! Love you mom!

16 comments:

Karrissa Winward said...

Don't you hate to see your mom go? I hate that!! I'm glad her and Scott were able to be there and help so much. Oh gosh, your house is gorgeous! I love it! It's like you are real people now- a real house, a real job, two kids- you have arrived!!

Becky @ Project Domestication said...

gray is absolutely adorable and I love his name.

your house is just wonderful! so happy for you guys!

The Reynolds Family said...

Your house looks very happy!!

Roo said...

Your house is ADORABLE! Looks like you are settled, and Gray is soooo cute. Can't wait to see him.

Chris and McKell said...

Cute family ashley! What a great help your family must have been what a week girl!

Ashlee said...

Ashley,
Now that your family is gone we would love to have Mac over for a playdate. I will call you to set it up.The house looks amazing. The boys are both adorable!

Marissa said...

Love your house!!! I can't wait to see it all decorated. I'm sure it looks great!

Eric and Jenny said...

I can't even imagine doing all that without having my mom around. I am so glad she got to come out and help you that must have been so wonderful. And I so agree potted flowers do make a house look happy. My mom always tells me the same thing, gotta love moms. I can't wait to see more pictures of your house it's gorgeous.

katie and beej said...

We love seeing all the cute updates on your family. Gray is not only the cutest baby ever, but has so much Millar in him. We can't wait to see you in couple of weeks! Love you!

Amber Marcum said...

Ash....a baby, a new house, and a new calling (of coarse we heard! :)) WOW!!! The pics are awesome...but I can't wait to come see it all myself! I honestly was waiting till your family left so I wouldn't take from their time. So I'll be coming to harass you soon! Love you all tons! Gray is beautiful!!

Anonymous said...

You are lucky in Kentucky!What a fun couple of new adventures you've just begun!

tara said...

Gray is so so cute! And your home is beautiful! Congrats Ash! I'm so happy for you and your cute fam!

J & A said...

Love the house Ash! It is beautiful. I agree with Karrissa--you are real people now.
I can see Gray's resemblance to Mac in the pictures only with dark, dark hair. Did Mac have that dark of hair when he was first born?

Skye said...

what a help they were! you have an amazing family! and what a gorgeous house!

jenni kaufusi said...

I need to call you to see how everything is going. baby gray is so cute i can't get over it. His cute little face and his dark hair i love it. I love your house it so cute on the out side and the in. i need some more pices. Hope all is well.

Lo said...

Congrats Ashley & Drew! Gray is one adorable baby! Can't wait to see him at Christmas!
Lo & KC