Friday, December 19, 2008

It's Christmas time

For me Christmas time means Family. So in order to make this time of year feel "Christmasy" we usually go home to Utah and be with our family. Join in our family's traditions and soak up all the memories. Well, this year we are not going home so I have been trying to get that Christmas spirit other ways.
This was our first year to wrap presents here in K-tuck. I loved doing this. Before I would stay up Christmas eve night with my sister and mom and wrap presents and watch Christmas movies.Even though I will really miss that, I have to say I really enjoyed wrapping presents with Mac this week. He was such a help. Drew and I will do the rest Christmas Eve night before he picks up his family.

Last night we went to Southern Lights at the Kentucky horse park with some friends. I guess this is similar to Thanksgiving point(I've never been). We drove through the fields of animated lights. Mac loved it!! We will definantly do this every year.
Mac started in his car seat and ended up...

on Drew's lap.
At the horse park they had a petting zoo. But not a normal petting zoo. There were deer, a Camel, donkeys, a kangaroo, porcupines, goats, a yak and some weird little goat like animals. It was really cool. This is me and Mac feeding the camel. Mac screamed and yelled "No Camel!!!" For a kid who loves animals so much he really hates them up close.

Geeg just chillin
After we went into the Horse museum, where they have stuffed horses everywhere and other cool displays.


what boy doesn't like blocks?

The nutcracker entertained Geeg while Mac played
Kev kept building this huge tower and then some kid would knock it down on themselves. I got a good laugh out of it.

Even though we would love to be around family this time of year, we are loving the time we get to spend with just the four of us and not flying is a huge plus too. I'm sure it would be harder but the fact that we have two very special grandparents, one uncle and two aunts coming in five days, helps a whole lot. Thanks Katie and Amy for letting us have them for our first Kentucky Christmas.

7 comments:

jenni kaufusi said...

looks like you are having a great christmas so far. i'm so excited for christmas this year tay and mac are at the age where they understand the concept of santa and presents i love it! She loves wrapping with me too. I can't wait to see you and have the two play. When we got your christmas card tay pointed out you saying mom, drew dad, gray baby and mac "that's my boyfriend" and then laughs. so hopefully we can come out this spring. love and miss you so much really. So many things that i would love to go do with you and your boys. well much love and merry christmas and a hopefull new year!

tara said...

Cute cute fam Ash. Your tree is tres cute. And is that a USU HPER Staff t-shirt you're wearing while wrapping? Ü Hope you guys have a wonderful Christmas!

Marissa said...

I love Christmas with family. This year it just seems even sweeter. Southern Lights is so fun with little ones! Looks like mac enjoyed it very much!

KevDebKlan said...

were glad you guys are sticking around. And I'm glad you get to have family come. Southern lights was fun. Thanks for letting us do it with you.

Anonymous said...

it was such a fun night for all!!

luke & sammy said...

I hope you guys have a great Christmas! I wish we could see ya but maybe sometime this year! Love your boys!

Jessica said...

Merry Christmas!! from the Millars in Shelley. hope you guys are having a fun time. and happy new year!!