Saturday, January 22, 2011

my mom

My mom was able to come help for the week. It was great, it always is. With every baby we pick a show to watch all day and night. With Mac it was LOST, we watched the first 2 seasons. I'm not mentioning the one we picked this time- but it was good. I lay around while my mom is our slave. Life is good when mom is here! She's so great it makes it hard to say goodbye!

Every pregnancy, birth, and baby are different. And with every one I learn something new. Here's just 4 new things...

1. Labor, giving birth, nursing, all the pain that accompanies these3 things does not compare to saying goodbye to my mom.

2. Waiting to see your baby before you name them is a million times harder than naming them before and leaving the hospital without a name is the dumbest thing you can do!

3. Crying is ok as long as you know you are irrational and crazy.

4. saying goodbye to some of your best friends 5 days after having a baby is a bad idea! Hear that Kev?!-this deserves a post of it's own!Needless to say this week has been hard in different ways. Annie is such a great baby. She sleeps, eats and poops like a champ, nothing to complain there. The boys are adjusting beautifully. Mac can not get enough of his little sister and G is in his own little world, content as can be. So it might be confusing why this week has been so hard. Hormones, is all I can guess. I can't wait until I get back to my normal non crying self!

and because I know my mom misses Annie just as much as we miss her. Here's Annie stretching- my moms favorite thing she does...
if only I could get a picture of her puckered lips.

12 comments:

Roo said...

I want to eat her. She is darling. If that stretching picture doesn't make every woman baby hungry I don't know what will.

Karrissa Winward said...

Saying good bye to mom is seriously the hardest!!

Anonymous said...

If your mom would promise to come help me I just might be talked into having another baby!!

angela said...

She's darling! I need to come see her again. My kiddos got sick last week so good thing you didn't let me watch your kids. We'll chat after Rita leaves. Going from 2-3 kids was hard for me! Hopefully the 4th is just another drop in the bucket...

Rita said...

Loved all the pictures! The stretching thing is my favorite too. Can't wait to squeeze you all!!!

luke & sammy said...

You had me tearing up at #1. I
totally agree. Nothing is harder after having a baby than saying goodbye to your momma. btw you have me intrigued at what show you and your mom watched.

Lora said...

I want to get my hands on that baby! She is such a little doll. Brynlee is still talking about baby Annie!

Cheryl said...

Oh, Mom's truly are the best. I agree that the hardest part is saying goodbye to them!

I am so glad she was able to come and help you and play with the boys and snuggle little Annie.

I agree that not having a name before is SO HARD. Zach was our only nameless one and figuring out what to call him was the worst part of my hospital stay. I was so stressed out over it!

Loved seeing the Hydes. I can't believe they are really gone. Glad to know we all have blogs and have relatives in Utah so we can meet up again in the future (and that you'll be seeing the Cali in a few weeks!).

Miss you.

Eric and Jenny said...

Oh dear I love stretching newborns, there is nothing sweeter. So glad your mom was able to come and be with you, moms just make everything right. Hormones they are mean, making you cry left and right, that first week or so is always so hard to feel like your normal self. Just remember that gets better every day.....2 to 3 kids has been my hardest adjustment for sure.

AnnMarie said...

I SO needed to ask for the invite sooner. I love your pictures! Your little Annie is to die for! All that hair! And the YW were sad that Waverly wouldn't be going to Young Women's anymore, they're not even going to remember she's gone when they get a hold of Annie! Good work Ashlee!

Kelsey Floyd said...

I want to meet baby Annie BADLY!!! :) I miss the whole family, too!

Tiffany said...

congratulations! she is beautiful!! i wish i were there to hold her!