Sunday, July 31, 2011

All I want for Christmas is my 2 front teeth- in 5 years!

It all started last year when Mac found a plastic sword and decided to hit Gray with it. I don't think Mac meant to hit Gray as hard as he did and right in the mouth but he did. Shortly after, we noticed G's front 2 teeth slowly turning gray and a small sore started growing on his gums. After a couple of weeks of antibiotics nothing changed and we got the bad news that Gray needed both front teeth pulled so the infection wouldn't affect his permanent teeth.

We prepared Gray for the procedure by talking about it constantly and I took as many pictures as I could:) I think the whole experience was more traumatic for me.
G did great. He was so relaxed he kept crossing his legs. No, tears- he was a champ.

We are getting use to Gray's toothless smile and new lisp! G on the other hand loves showing off his new smile and could not be more proud of it! He walks around saying"I'm a vampire!" Teeth or no teeth, he is one cute boy!


11 comments:

Rita said...

Now people will really think he's older than he is... We are sad, but he's as cute as ever!

Aunt Amy said...

Made me cry to see him in the chair, but he looks great! And what a strong little boy. Glad it went well. Love to you all!

Annie said...

Oh G-man! He is so brave! And adorable!

angela said...

That is so sad! What a brave boy. Glad he wasn't bothered by it. Can't wait to see his cute new smile.

Roo said...

he is still darling! good job G way to be so brave!

Amanda Duke said...

Poor boy! I fell out of a shopping cart when I was little and knocked my mouth. I had to get stitches in my lip and one of my teeth ended up discolored, crooked, and loose. They didn't pull it though until I was older. Luckily it was just a baby tooth. It's weird how stuff like that happens.

katie and beej said...

I recall having a similar issue around 3 or 4 yrs old, but I actually wore some retainer thing so I could still eat things. Luckily G is a charmer and cute to boot, so what are two teeth?:) Love you!
P.S. When you are gonna come kick it in St. Louis, can you imagine how much fun we would have? Just think about it....

Amber said...

Sad! But who will be able to resist that vampire smile?!?!

Karrissa Winward said...

Oh man, that is tough!! I'm glad he loves his new smile, its probably hard being the mom though! :) He really does look cute though!

luke & sammy said...

so cute! You are becoming quite the photographer!

CHYNOWETH FAM said...

Now he is twins with Gavin! He lost his when he was 2! Good thing he is a boy....they can miss teeth and still be adorable.