Monday, September 28, 2015

Girls camp 2015?

I was fortunate to be apart of girls camp. Last fall I was called to be the stake assistant camp director. Months and months of planning and it was all worth it. I loved spending the week camping with Walt and the women and girls of the Lexington stake. This calling has been my hardest yet but the one I've loved the most. I met amazing women and girls that forever changed me. I can't wait to go again next year. 

My tent- the bullfrogs serenaded me and Walt to sleep every night. Camping with Walt was just what i thought it would be- very little sleeping. But how can you be grumpy spending  a week here? 

Early morning scripture reading 
Syncranized water guns were a hit 
Eating lunch on our hike. Views for days.
Some Tate's creek girls 
On Friday it  rained and rained. 
Most of the time Walt was on my back or I was carrying him- the only way he would sleep. Luckily there were amazing leaders and friends that would hold him and rock him to sleep too. Like Shauna (picture below) 

Girls camp will always have a special place in my heart. 


1 comments:

Annie said...

Crazy that you took Walt! That will be an experience to remember!