Monday, January 28, 2008

President Hinckley


I'm sure all of you have heard the news that President Hinckley died last night. For us who don't live in Utah had to hear it from our families back at home. After hearing about his death Drew and I searched the Internet for some more information, both wishing we were in Utah knowing that every news station would be talking about President Hinckley. Then today I opened the Internet expecting to see the news of President Hinckley's passing, headlined on every web site but there was nothing. If only the world knew what a loss we experienced last night.


I don't remember a time not seeing him at conference. Since Pres. Benson and Pres. Hunter were both sick for some of their time, Pres. Hinckley is really the only prophet I remember. He was sustained when I was 12 and has been the face of the church for so long. While he will be missed I know that he is in a better place and look forward to sustaining Pres. Monson as the new Prophet of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.

1 comments:

luke & sammy said...

It is a totally different experience living away from Utah. We did the same searching the internet last night and finally we listened to KSL online to hear what was going on. It is strange to think that it is not breaking news everywhere else when it is so important to us, we loved him!