Sunday, November 1, 2009

Halloween...

After running the Louisville half with 12,000 other runners in 90 degree heat, I swore I would never run again, but I gave into peer pressure and Saturday I finished my second half marathon.

Getting ready to leave for the Preble Half Marathon in Eaton, Ohio.

On our way to the race. Some of us were excited:)
It was pretty cold. 48 degrees and WINDY!
At mile 3-4 feeling good and stripping off layers. Did I mention the race was out in the middle of nowhere?!
I finished in 2:04 (average 9:28). I beat my last time by 12 minutes. Honestly, now I'm a little bummed that I didn't make my goal (1:58) but at the time I couldn't have been happier with my finish. All this means is that I'll have to run another one:)
Our little running group at the finish line.Lora, Nancy, me, Angela N., Angela B. and AnnMarie.


Now onto the good stuff...
I couldn't wait to get home to Mac and Gray. Have you ever seen a cuter frog or snake?

This year Mac struggled with Trick or Treating. He would walk up to the door and then half the time wouldn't open his bag. When Drew tried to help, Mac would scream,"No, I don't want it!"
Once he found his friends, he warmed up to the neighbors.
Gabe introduced Mac at every door "This is Mac, he's my friend." So cute!

Mac sat and listened to Gabe explain to him why you don't run into the street. " You'll get hit by a car and probably die!" That kid cracks me up!

Gray running off with the candy. A great way to end a crazy day!

13 comments:

katie and beej said...

BUT... you forgot to tell everyone that you took FIRST IN YOUR DIVISION! Come on Ash, brag a little! Congrats we are proud!

Anonymous said...

You are an amazing girl! You did great on your run! The next one I'm sure you'll shave 12 more minutes off your time!!
I love the costums.Gabe and mac are adorable!!

KevDebKlan said...

So maybe next time I will do it with you. You have to pick weather somewhere in between the two though. I'm to much of a wimp. good job though. Thanks for hangin with us on Halloween. It was a fun night.

tara said...

Atta girl Ash! I'm workin on the whole runnin' thing-You'll be my inspiration :) Cute Halloween kids! BTW-I'm totally down for a reunion in D.C.-give me some time to save my pennies and we'll do it!

angela said...

You're an all-star! I am so glad you talked me into it. I'm glad you shaved so much time off. Impressive! All day today I've been kind of off - like I don't have something to look forward to? Weird. Thanks for all the fun. You rock!

Jen Rutter said...

Way to go Ash on your race! That is a great time! Your boys look so cute!

Marissa said...

You are truly amazing Ashlee!! I'm so scared of running now because I used to get terrible shin splints in High School running cross country. But seeing all these pictures makes me miss it all! I love the turtle and snake costumes! Cute little guys.

Joy said...

Are you kidding me? You can't be disappointed at all in your performance at the race! The fact that you even trained is something to brag about! Congrats! Cute boys!

The Valentines said...

Wow Ash! You're an animal! That's so awesome. I wish I was good like you. Your boys are so dang cute. We really do need to get together when you're here for Christmas. Give me a call. Hope all is well!

Amberlin Gefrom said...

awww way to go you are so awesome!!

NanaBabs said...

So fun! Wish we were there for both the big events. You did great on the run, and the boys' costumes are so cute! Hope to see you soon!

Jaimee Blood said...

I've told you before but I'll say it again--you're my inspiration Ash. I would run if I had such a fun group to do it with.You all look so dang skinny and in shape! Love the costumes--makes me want to come see you guys soon!!!

Katie Blacker said...

cute little boys in their cute little costumes!