Friday, March 4, 2011

Uncle D

Last night my youngest brother Dave got his mission call. We all Skyped in so we could be a part of his big night. It almost felt like we were all together again- it made me a little homesick.It was fun to hear Dave read that he will be serving in the Mexico City West mission.

the boys had fun talking to my Grandma's and Grandpa and my parents
we got to show off little annie.
It seems like Dave's too young to serve a mission.I was 8 when Dave was born and to me he will always be that little boy. I've loved seeing him grow and mature. He's such a likable person and such a great person. We will miss him for the 2 years but wouldn't want him anywhere else! My boys are blessed to have such a great example in their lives!
love you Dave!

5 comments:

katie and beej said...

Congrats to Dave! I am with you Ashlee I met Dave when he was 13 so... he will always be 13 to me. Hard mission, but he will do great! Can't wait to see you guys in a couple weeks!

Cheryl said...

That is such exciting news!!! Congrats to your little brother. I can't believe he's old enough to go either! When we met, he was only in H.S.

We too Skyped my family when my brother got his mission call, and it really did feel like we were there. So much better than hearing it over the phone.

Rich told me I hit an all time camera low when I took pictures of the computer showing Rhett opening his call and put them on my blog. Glad to see you got some pics of your special event too.

PS Annie looked thrilled with the whole thing! Such a sweet, cute little thing!

Roo said...

I am still home sick because of that call. :( It was delightful to feel like we were in the same room

Roo said...

PLEASE can we play games over SKYPE. that would be so fun. and fill that void we are both feeling. :)

Skye said...

i am thrilled for Dave, but can't believe he is old enough to go! Annie is so so so cute!!